Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

2008 has come and gone...I hope 2009 will bring more than just mass layoffs, foreclosed homes, budget deficits and more cheap to shit to buy from Walmart. With Inauguration Day approaching in only 14 days, is there anything else we can look forward to in 2009?!?

With the Big 3 Automakers in turmoil, along with many many many other corporations, Executives and their marketing teams (if they haven't been laid off) have been thinking up schemes to get people to spend money they don't have. Since Americans have taken a nose dive onto difficult times, companies are resorting to desperate measures.

Hyundai is the largest car manufacturer in Korea, but falls behind Japan, Europe and the U.S. (I don't actually know if this is true, but it seems right?) To accommodate our current financial environment, Hyundai is offering a car return program. If you loose your job within one year of buying one of their fabulous cars, you can return it...FOR FREE. WTF? If Hyundai had a Facebook page, it should keep its status "Chapter 11 is not for me" for the rest of the year. Ok, so there is some fine print, blah blah blah. But, if you have some "life altering circumstance" and are no longer able to make car payments, you can give it back. Would you equate this to throwing your newborn in the dumpster? No? Good. Because that's fucked up. Kinda.

I guess I don't really have a point to all of this. Wait, I know...we're fucked.

So, thanks for reading my first entry and hopefully they all won't suck.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't suck so far! And I know you loved writing that statement about throwing your newborn in the dumpster. I know you too well ;)

    ReplyDelete